Michael is the founder of prominent leadership consultancy WorkSmart Australia, a certified B Corp, and The Mindful Leader – the world’s most comprehensive online portal for mindful leadership.
He has trained and coached thousands of leaders - from CEOs to front-line managers, with a client base that includes numerous global multinationals.
With an outstanding track record in his field, Michael is renowned as a world-leading authority on mindful leadership.
In 2015, he teamed up with the biggest names in the field of leadership research – Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner to co-author Extraordinary Leadership in Australia & New Zealand. He has since authored two more ground-breaking books: The Mindful Leader and A Practical Guide to Mindful Meditation.
He is one of only a few people in the world to teach Mindful Leadership at an Exec MBA level, on Sydney University’s #1 ranked Global Executive MBA.
Michael has engaged in a disciplined personal mindfulness practice for over 23 years and has taught mindful leadership to businesses and governments for more than 16 years.
Grant Dale’s career has been a unique and successful journey across several industries and continents. As an entrepreneur in Japan, Grant co-founded a successful food development and importing company and was a pioneer in bringing organic foods to the mainstream marketplace. In Canada, Grant was a senior manager within a highly competitive airport industry - generating outstanding returns for shareholders, developing an award-winning Customer Service culture, and initiating a large-scale charitable program.
Grant’s greatest passion and talent however, lies within the field of leadership development and personal transformational practice – something he has personally been dedicated to since 1996.
Grant permanently immigrated to Australia in 2009 and shortly thereafter joined WorkSmart Australia. Grant combines a background in leadership experience with a deep understanding of the human condition to support leaders and organizations to unlock their full potential.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy
- ENVC Certification (Non-Violent Communication)
- ICF Associate Certified Leadership Coach (ACC)
- Over 20 years of dedicated Insight Mindfulness Practice
- 4 years experience as a successful entrepreneur
- 9 years of senior-level corporate leadership experience
- 9 years of Leadership Development coaching and training
- Trained and coached over 2000 leaders
- Facilitated over 300 leadership/team development workshops
- Certified Master Facilitator of The Leadership Challenge®
- Accomplished keynote speaker